Monday, October 22, 2012

Long Time, No See

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted, huh? Sorry bout that. For a while, I didn't feel like I had anything of substance to post about, but then that changed and I was to busy or tired to post. I have sold six dolls since I last posted about listing my very first dolls on etsy. Yes, six! And I have several more commissions lined up too. I hope you can tell, I am very ecstatic! And a little nervous, like always, but I think thats just a part of my personality. :0

I sold Cleo, Ghoulia, Frankie, and a Lagoona + Cleo doll I have not yet shown on my blog.

Here is Lagoona, she was a roller maze girl...

Sweet

I was actually contacted on flickr first after someone saw her WIP pictures, they wanted reserve her in advance! I was so surprised and happy!

And here is the new Cleo that I completed at roughly the same time. She was my first commission, for a previous customer, the wonderfully sweet lady who bought Frankie.

Shine

The sixth doll I've sold is a Clawdeen, another commission for Wonderlandfan. She hasn't been shipped out yet, nor have I posted public pics. You will have to wait to see her.

In my last post I had mentioned that I was working on a steampunk Frankie and CAM Witch. I still have to finish Frankies outfit, but otherwise her face is done!

Frankie Salute

I had finished the Witch and listed her, but she's been on etsy several months now and no bites.

Cam Witch peaceful *For Sale*

I think I am going to have to take her down and revise her, probably redo her lips. I've already ordered her a cute dress!

And finally, back to some much more recent girls! I only just posted pictures on flickr.

In chronological order, here is the CAM Triclops I repainted...

Sweet Triclops WIP

I decided to stick with her original color scheme, I think it was a good choice. I did, however, order her a spiffy new wig. The one she came with was poor quality and clashed. The wig should be arriving tomorrow and then I can finish her. I am so excited!!

Lastly, one I am very proud of, my demon/succubus Draculaura.

Demon

She is also unfinished. I made her some beautiful horns, but still have to do her wings and tail. This was my first time doing freckles, I love love how they look. I used the splatter method, where you dip a ragged paintbrush in paint (I used watercolor, so it was easy to edit) and then flick it with a tooth brush across the doll's face. It was very fun. Also my first time painting such an expressive face. It's clearer in other pictures, but she is smirking and raising one eyebrow. And rolling her eyes, I guess!

I still have a lot to say, but that'll be for tomorrow, when it's not so late.

You can find many more pictures of all of my doll repaints on my flickr, there is a link on the right sidebar. Please check out my etsy shop, too, for very detailed information on the sold dolls, link is also on the right.

And as always, please, please tell me what you think. I love reading other peoples feedback!

Thanks for taking the time to read! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment