To be honest, I really didn't do much today.
My father and I put together a static grass applicator using an electronic fly swatter and a metal mesh shaker. In case you don't know static grass is green short rayon fibers that hold a static charge that helps them stand upright instead of matted down. It is pretty realistic looking miniature grass and is commonly used in model train sets. It's just like when you rub a balloon on your arm or hand and your hair is pulled towards the balloon. The static grass applicator just makes a stronger field, therefore straighter grass. I'm going to use the grass on my bases and I'm also going to try to make a wig with viscose fibers for a shaved/short hair look.
I also played around with the perfect eye tools from Pat Moulton that arrived today. Oh my god, they make producing the eye bases a cinch! I first discovered these tools from this wonderful tutorial on making glass like doll eyes. Seriously go check it out, it's great! I am really glad I bought the tools, I'd say they're well worth the money. Despite the clay part of the eyes being so easy, I've been struggling with the rest. The iris isn't too hard, but the pupil! Argh! I can never get a perfect set, they are either misaligned or not even a circle.
I have no idea how Aimee manages to get pupils like she does, I've tried the dotter tool, and while it works on fashion doll repaints, the paint doesn't seem to stick to my clay eyes. I think I might be using the wrong paint, but alas, my quality acrylic is at my moms house.
I will post some pictures of my attempts tomorrow, but right now it is far too late.
Good night. Thank you for reading!